If you are considering remodeling your bathroom, there are many things to consider. You want it to be functional and beautiful, but also affordable. Luckily, we’ve collected everything you need to know in this handy guide!
What is bathroom renovation?
- 1 What is bathroom renovation?
- 2 How much does it cost to remodel a bathroom?
- 3 What are the benefits of remodeling your bathroom?
- 4 Is it time for a new bathtub or shower cubicle?
- 5 What are some other ways to update your bathroom without doing too much work?
- 6 Why should I hire a professional for my next project?
Bathroom renovation is an extensive process that takes time and planning. It can make your bathroom more functional, beautiful or practical for the way you use it. Bathrooms come in all shapes and sizes, so figuring out what works best for you may not be easy! That’s why we provide a checklist of things to think about before you get started.
– What are my goals? Do I want a space with lots of storage space or a space where everything looks seamless?
– What kind of sanitary facilities do I have? Is there enough space under the sink for placing oversized items such as baskets or shelving?
– What’s my budget? Remodeling a bathroom can be a costly endeavor, so make sure you’re happy with your plan.
– What do I need to use my bathroom the most? Do I want it as an extra room or functional enough to make ends meet?
– If there is no bathtub in the room, are there other functions I would like to include?
– Is it feasible to do this project myself or do I need to hire someone for help?
How much does it cost to remodel a bathroom?
Renovating a bathroom is not a cheap endeavor. Typically, it can cost anywhere from $ 50 to $ 150 per square foot for most bathroom renovations. Typical renovation costs depend on the size of your bathroom and what features you want to add. If you’re looking for a more economical option, consider renovating just one room at a time with tile work or paint,
The cost can be much higher if the plumbing needs to be replaced or if new fixtures need to be installed. Bathroom renovation estimates should factor in these additional costs so that you know exactly how much you will cost when determining your budget amounts.
What are the benefits of remodeling your bathroom?
The benefits of bathroom renovation are many. It can be a very expensive project, but in the end you will have your dream bathroom like no other! Consider the following benefits:
- You will get exactly what you have always wanted.
- A new bathtub or shower adds value and offers resale potential to your home.
- Your comfort is increased with a more user-friendly layout.
- Newer technology saves water by using less for each use (i.e. lower utility bills).
- You can create the space you need for a children’s pool.
- Newer fixtures are more efficient and cheaper to run, saving you money on your monthly bills.
Is it time for a new bathtub or shower cubicle?
From our experience, there are some indications that it is time to replace your bathtub or shower cubicle.
- a) The walls around the tub or shower have water damage, mold, or other signs of deterioration.
- b) There are cracks in the surface due to age.
- c) You notice leaks from behind pipes that require extensive repairs.
- d) The plumbing connections must be replaced and / or major repaired.
- e) Bathroom renovation experts do not recommend using tile over old cast iron pipe as it can weaken its structural integrity over time.
- f) After more than 30 years, ceramic tiles start to lose their durability and strength.
What are some other ways to update your bathroom without doing too much work?
You can always update your bathroom without doing any major work. For example, you can add a new mirror or replace your towels. Installing a heated towel rail is also an excellent idea for those of you who don’t already have one!
Another way to update your bathroom without doing too much work is to install modern lighting fixtures, such as LED bulbs. They are energy efficient and last longer than most other types of bathroom lighting.
Finally, since we are talking about designing our own bathrooms; adding some fake plants can do wonders for the atmosphere.
Why should I hire a professional for my next project?
While you can do some work yourself, hiring a professional may be the best option for your next project. Contractors remodel bathroom knows how to handle certain situations and will probably do better than you would yourself!
In addition, if you hire professionals, they typically offer guarantees for their work, which can save you money in the long run. You should always hire a professional if you want to do a bathroom remodel as there are many steps to take to ensure success.