READING, Pa., May 12, 2021 / PRNewswire / – May is Clean Air Month, and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) has become even more important during the COVID-19 pandemic as indoor air can be up to five times more polluted are then outside air.
Many common household and building materials such as office supplies, paper, and cleaning products can release toxic chemicals into the air without noticeable odors or visible signs. Other contaminants such as dirt, dust and respiratory droplets inevitably pass through the air in buildings and houses. Exposure to these pollutants can affect mental health, cause skin and eye irritation, cause respiratory illness, and more.
To help businesses and consumers with information on how to ensure the highest IAQ, Kelly Walowski, the Global Account Consultant for Ambius, gave several tips to improve IAQ with air purifying solutions. Ambius is a global leader in creating smarter, healthier spaces, providing air hygiene services to businesses across the country.
“The COVID-19 pandemic forced the world to rethink indoor air quality,” said Walowski. “Now that Americans spend 90% of their time indoors, it is critical for our built environments to produce clean, healthy indoor air.”
Consumers can use these helpful tips to promote a cleaner, healthier environment:
- Invest in clean air technologyPortable air purification units equipped with highly efficient particulate air filters (HEPA), also known as medical grade filters, can remove dust, bacteria, viruses, mold, fungi, fumes and more from the air. Medical grade filters act as an effective physical trap, pulling contaminants from the real-time air, after filtering the contaminants, the unit pushes out clean purified air.
- Provide clear representations of the current indoor air qualityReal-time indoor air quality monitoring screens help monitor the current indoor environment condition. These monitors should be clearly displayed on the front of the air purification unit. For commercial buildings, IAQ monitors with clear, real-time displays will show residents that the company considers their health, safety and well-being a priority by continuously monitoring their indoor air.
- Upgrade the building’s existing functionsA building’s heating, ventilation and cooling (HVAC) unit can be an excellent source for filtering air. To ensure optimum performance of the HVAC system, work with a trusted service technician to determine the type of filter required. The minimum efficiency reporting value (MERV) of HVAC, typically between 1-16 for most residential and commercial buildings, will determine the filter capacity of the unit. When properly fitted with the unit’s recommended MERV filter, an HVAC system can work to clean the air by effectively trapping smaller particles as they enter the room. Portable air purifiers help to provide additional cleaning of the air as it flows through the room, in addition to the HVAC system.
- Include elements of nature indoorsThe easiest way to improve stale, stagnant air is to let natural flowing air in through open doors and windows when environmental conditions permit. Plants, trees, water and other natural elements are known to have calming effects on humans, and the innate connection with nature is defined as biophilia. Plants, especially green walls, have the ability to remove certain pollutants from the air and reduce carbon dioxide in the air, which can positively affect fatigue, concentration and productivity. While biophilic elements alone are not enough to physically clean the air, its many psychological benefits can help promote a clean, healthy environment.
- Work with air hygiene expertsProducing clean, healthy air is a continuous process. Working with well-trained service technicians and maintaining regularly scheduled service appointments is an essential part of improving indoor air quality. Air hygiene experts, such as those at Ambius, can perform risk assessments to calculate the building’s unique hourly air change (ACH) rate, assess risky and open areas that may require an increased need for air hygiene, and any other factors involved. to hear. the building’s unique air quality comparison to provide a tailor-made solution.
To celebrate Clean Air Month, Ambius is offering the chance to win a highly efficient air purifier with the Clean Air For All giveaway starting May 17.
To learn more about Ambius’s giveaway and air hygiene services, visit https://learn.ambius.com/clean-air-for-all-giveaway.
Ambius is the world leader in creating smarter, healthier spaces through hygiene, plant and fragrance services. With a layered approach, Ambius helps brands instill trust in every interaction and integrates hygiene, health and safety into the brand experience. The wide range of solutions includes air purifier, hand sanitizer, plants, green walls, fragrance and holiday decoration, providing a superior experience to help protect people and improve lives. Founded in 1963 and today active in 16 countries, Ambius is a division of Rentokil North America.
MEDIA CONTACT: Hannah Meadors [email protected]
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/clearing-the-air-five-tips-to-cleaner-healthier-air-301289924.html